An outcomes review of both the RGMTP and GPPT. These structured programs support GPs, GP registrars, and Junior Doctors to undertake advanced skills training to equip them to work as GP VMOs in rural hospitals in NSW.
The review aims to determine:
- Satisfaction with the educational components of the program
- Satisfaction with professional supports to complete training
- Satisfaction with advances skills training arrangements and areas for improvement
- Extent to which GPs/ GP registrars use their advanced skill
- Retention in rural practice
- Retention in rural procedural practice
- Factors contributing to staying in rural practice and/or using procedural skills
- Factors contributing to leaving rural practice or discontinuing procedural practice.
Project involves a detailed survey and interviews with current and past participants and will consider the findings of previous reviews.
The review will identify what elements of the programs have impacted on participant satisfaction with training, factors contributing to service provision and workforce outcomes.