KBC was engaged to review the current progress of the NSW Rural Generalist Program in order to inform program improvements through the development of a structured foundation year program. The review involved an industry scan of national approaches and consultations across rural NSW.
- Industry scan of national approaches to foundation years in Rural Generalist programs
- Development of the Review Framework
- Discussion paper to inform consultations including background and issues requiring resolution
- Consultations with Rural Generalists, specialist supervisors, HETI program managers, Local Health District managers and clinicians
- Final report incorporating recommendations for foundation year including: selection process; assessment criteria and program components
- Foundation Year has been implemented for new Rural Generalist Trainees.
- KBC engaged to develop further aspects of the program including the support and supervision structures during the transition to general practice following completion of Advanced Skills Training.